Privacy Statement Job Applicants
You are hereby informed regarding the processing of your data in the context of an application process at ALIDES REIM NV, with registered office at 9000 Ghent, Foreestelaan 86/201 and company number BE0478.405.285. As data controller, we confirm that you always take into account the European General Data Processing Regulation (AVG/GDPR) and the Belgian law on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data of 30 July 2018 when processing personal data.
General principles of processing personal data
Your personal data will be processed:
- in a lawful, proper and transparent manner;
- for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- in an accurate manner and they are updated as necessary;
- and kept in a form that does not allow the applicant to be identified for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- are processed by appropriate technical or organisational measures in such a way as to ensure their appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Identification of personal data
The following personal data, which are necessary for the completion of the application process and also have legitimate interest as their legal basis, we process from you in the context of your application to Alides Reim your general contact details (name, address details, email address, telephone number), payroll information (national registration number seniority, marital status, bank account number, family composition, date of birth), declared references from former employers, your CV (including declared information), your cover letter (including declared information), your salary and pay slips, notes made during job interviews and, if applicable, your photograph.
Purposes and legal basis of processing personal data
The above data will be processed for the purpose of completing the application process. With your consent, this data will also be processed for contacting you for any future vacancies within our organisation. Your response to our vacancy counts as an active action whereby you give your informed, free, specific and unambiguous consent to the processing of your data. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
Transfer of personal data
Your personal data will not be sold, rented, distributed or transferred in any way to any other third party without prior consent.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU or used for automated decision-making.
After the application period, your personal data will be kept for a maximum of one year or until you withdraw your consent.
Upon further recruitment, all data will be kept for at least the statutory retention periods.
Rights of data subject
As a job applicant, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of inspection – by exercising this right, you can obtain both an inspection and a copy of what personal data we process about you.
- Right of rectification – by exercising this right, you can have changes to your personal data rectified or completed at any time. An adjustment will follow a simple request.
- Right to erasure – by exercising this right, if any unlawful processing would occur, you can request that your personal data be erased.
- Right to restrict processing – by exercising this right, if inaccuracies occur and a request for correction is pending or you believe that an illegality has occurred, you can request that the processing be restricted. This means that your personal data may only be further processed with your consent. Mere storage of the personal data is not affected, nor any processing in the context of legal proceedings, for the protection of natural or legal persons or for important reasons of public interest.
- Right to portability – by exercising this right, you may request that the data you provide be returned or transferred directly to a third party in an accessible format. Such right may possibly be limited by the exercise of a specific proportionality exercise.
- Right to refuse automated data processing – by exercising this right, you can indicate that you do not want your personal data to be part of fully automated data processing and processes without human intervention.
- Right to withdraw consent – exercising this right allows you to withdraw a previously given consent at any time. This will stop any further processing.
You can exercise your rights by sending your request, accompanied by proof of identification, to Alides REIM nv, with registered office at 9000 Ghent, Foreestelaan 86/201, or via the e-mail address email@example.com
We reserve the right to update this policy if necessary.
Last updated version: 04/09/2023